Wowings  

Go Back   Wowings > Main Category > Main Forum

Old 07-30-2009, 06:37 AM
seeker

Default 1200 Skua at Weldon

Went to Weldon for a ds weekend. Flew the the skua as well as several other planes.
The first day the skua was consistently in the 110 to 120 range the whole day.

The second day I put it in pretty bad at around 90mph. Cracked the elevons and tore the leading edge at the right hand wing join. Tape and ca, throw it again. Something was not right, but it was flyable. The handleing went away.
John Buxton asked to fly it and turned a 120mph with a terribly handleing plane.

Jon
Old 08-08-2009, 05:58 PM
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to admin Send a message via Skype™ to admin
Default Skua

Well done Jon
Old 08-10-2009, 07:43 AM

sounds like fun seeker

i know that feeling of putting in a skua, i also after crashes find that it feels a bit weird and it's usually a bent rod, but i suppose you had a bit of a repair on your's, aren't they a great plane to be able to punch in at speed and a quick repair and your off again, if they were made of balsa i would have broken 15 or so on saturday.

we flew a nice spot saturday in about five to eight knots, very light and i had to keep the skua as close as one foot off the deck to get it to work any good.

pete has got a new 1500 and it flies like a dream, lets hope he lets me ds it one day, i think he will, on sunday 6 of us were flying at bald knob all with ducks, flying big circle laps late in the arvo in about 5 knots all tyring to knock each other out of the sky, we were all laughing so much and having a fat time almost untill dark, as i left the lights of the sunshine coast were all alight, a great way to finish the weekend

nick